用户名: 密码:    
切换为不分页显示
【论坛首页】→ 【En-only】→ 主题:Working in Scotland: A Chinese Graduate MSc Finance

字体:    回复
Working in Scotland: A Chinese Graduate MSc Finance
agcas(2009/8/13 8:49:39)  点击:108406  回复:0  IP:212.* * *
I chose to study in Edinburgh because it has all the characteristics of a great city concentrated in the space of a few miles. I can go to my tango class near where I live, but if I want to enjoy nature, Arthurs Seat is only a few minutes away, too. I chose Edinburgh University because of its reputation. It is a great university; I like the culture of it. My programme director could not have been better. I gained so much from my MSc—it was the happiest year of my studies.

I have a full-time job now with a global financial services organisation. It took me about 6 months after graduating to get an offer even though I had several interviews. If my English was better, I was more confident in speaking and had some prior work experience it would have helped a lot. The Careers Service website was one of the most useful places to look for jobs. I think employers who advertise there are more open to new graduates.

I have had a really positive experience with my employers. The company is well-structured and well-organised. Everyone is open to helping new staff. I havent been there that long, but when my team-leader leaves, Ive been asked to take his place. I have to do some intensive training, but I am really excited and looking forward to it.

I didnt know about the PSW before I came, but I have a PSW visa now. I applied because I like the city and the lifestyle and I wanted to stay a little longer. In the end, for me, having the PSW visa wasnt that important because my employers said they would get a work permit for me. I think I'd like to stay in Scotland for a while—although I do want to go home eventually—but only if I feel like I can fit in to society better and express myself better in English.

I would tell any International Students coming to Edinburgh to make sure you practice speaking English. Be confident about expressing yourself. It will help you to fit in and you need it for finding a good job. Also, enjoy the culture and have fun while you are here—that's part of your study, too. I've tried to take part in all the festivals I can. Lastly, never, never, never give up until you find what you are looking for!

Chinese Graduate
MSc Finance, University of Edinburgh
 导航:[上一篇下一篇] - [返回]
[本主题共0回复 | 每页显示30回复]

按用户名:  按标题:   按内容:       包括所有回复
【首页】→ 【En-only】→ 回复:Working in Scotland: A Chinese Graduate MSc Finance
标题:
    未登录!    

内容:
UBB:
匿名:×
专区:×
上传:

我们提供15个国家/地区的留学服务。您可以通过我们免费申请海外的10所大学,但是每个国家最多只能申请8所。免费申请的国家包括:英国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大)。收费申请的国家包括:美国 / 香港 / 澳门 / 新加坡 / 爱尔兰 / 德国 / 荷兰 / 丹麦 / 瑞典 / 西班牙 / 马耳他 。海外大学查找

我们提供英国 / 美国 / 澳大利亚 / 新西兰 / 加拿大 / 爱尔兰的幼儿园,小学,初中,高中的私立学校(也称私校或独立学校)申请。海外私校查找

我们是英国签证移民署授权的顾问,我们提供各类英国签证和移民服务。签证类型和价格

我们的课程辅导补习覆盖英国的小学,初中,高中,大学,以及各类语言,备考,艺术辅导。辅导类型和价格

我们提供英国语言学校以及夏令营的申请服务。 语言学校查找 夏令营查找